Friday, May 14, 2010

Chanel.

Due to my lack of fashion blogging  (because of school, yawwwn), I thought the most interesting fashion blog to post would be what the Autumn trends will be. The Fall Ready-To-Wear lines from Alexander McQueen (his last ever collection - I wrote a blog about it previously), Chanel, Burberry Prorsum, Dolce &  Gabbana have already graced the catwalks and make note, are crazy. Especially Chanel's collection. I have scoured through all the collections and as always, Chanel's was my favourite. Everything from elaborate Henry VIII style fur coats and furry boots... it was mad! What I really respected about this collection, and Mr.Lagerfeld was that all the fur used was 'fantasy fur' aka. fake fur. So fret not, no animals were harmed during the production of these fur-covered outfits!
The show itself looked magical, Mr.Largerfeld got huge chunks of real ice sent over from Scandanavia to decorate the catwalk, and models such as Lara Stone and Coco Rocha elegantly graced the catwalk - while walking through water from the melting icebergs.
The most recent Chanel collection showed was the 'Resort 2011' show, it completely amazed me! Everything from gingham, to gladiator sandals, to cowboy style ensembles, to 70s floaty frocks were seen on this Saint-Tropez yacht! With burnt-orange colours floating through the show, along with the classic Chanel monochrome, it wowed everyone. One-pieces were seen all over this catwalk, which I'm sure some people are happy about, I know the thought of putting on a bikini terrifies some people - but no need to worry, Chanel has just made the one-piece more fashion forward and less 'granny'. I personally am chuffed the gladiator sandals are back, they have never really 'gone out of style' so to speak, but they dissappeared for a while this season. I bought a gorgeous pair in Urban Outfitters a few years ago and only have worn them a few times, due to my hatred of feet and showing them. So this Summer, I will try my best to get over this and I shall wear them. Well, try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY