Tuesday, May 10, 2011











Really Random Tuesday is hosted by Suko.






It's Tuesday and I'm in the middle of reading When No One is Watching
by Joseph Hayes which is a political thriller that has me good and hooked. My review will be up later this week.





On another note, I found this quote and I can totally relate to it.

There is only one way to read, which is to browse in libraries and bookshops, picking up books that attract you, reading only those, dropping them when they bore you, skipping the parts that drag — and never, never reading anything because you feel you ought, or because it is part of a trend or a movement. Remember that the book which bores you when you are twenty or thirty will open doors for you when you are forty or fifty — and vice versa. Don’t read a book out of its right time for you.


-Doris Lessing




Isn't that a great quote? Don’t read a book out of its right time for you.

It got me thinking of what books have 'opened doors' for me at certain times in my life. Wuthering Heights was on the summer reading list when I was in high school, and so I checked it out of the library but I only made it through about 10 pages before giving up on it. When I chose to start reading the classics in my late twenties, I picked it up again and it's become an all-time favorite. Same goes for Austen's work, I don't think I would have enjoyed Pride & Prejudice or Persuasion if I read them as a teenager, yet now these are among my favorite books. I enjoy my beloved classics as an adult, as a teen I found these types of books boring.
I was more into Stephen King (still am), lots of Agatha Christie and cozy mysteries as a teenager.


What about you? What books have become favorites now as opposed to years ago?
Do you still read the same kind of books now that you read back then?



Enjoy your Tuesday! We've got some beautiful weather here, it's been in the 70's all week.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY