Friday, May 13, 2011

Disenchantment




IT dropped so low in my regard


I heard it hit the ground,


And go to pieces on the stones


At bottom of my mind;





Yet blamed the fate that fractured, less


Than I reviled myself


For entertaining plated wares


Upon my silver shelf.





-Emily Dickinson






art by j.w. waterhouse


-------------------




Happy Friday everyone.

I figued I'd start the weekend off with a favorite poet.
I think the entire poem is lovely in such a simple way. Emily Dickinson had a way of creating beautiful imagery with her work.




On another note, it seems Blogger was having issues today. It does look like things are back to normal now. I did notice some of the comments on my last post have disappeared.

I'll be blog hopping this weekend as well as catching up on my reading and reviewing.
This past week I read When No One is Watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. My review will be up this coming week. My goal for this weekend is to finish at least one other book. I don't know which one yet, but wish me luck.





What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, enjoy it :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY