Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursdsay

Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.


What a great topic. Here's are few of my favorites:


1. Elizabeth Bennet & Fitzwilliam Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice: This is one of my favorite couples ever. I've re-read this novel again and again, and I never tire of it. I know what will happen between the two, yet I have to keep reading it. I like how Darcy is the reserved, shy type. And Elizabeth more playful and outgoing. The two compliment each other so well.





2. Scarlett O'Hara & Rhett Butler from Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind: Scarlett does everything she's not supposed to, she goes against every kind of social standard for the time, and so does Rhett. Plus Rhett isn't afraid to tell her off every once in a while. These two are made for each other.




3. Romeo & Juliet : It's the whole star crossed lovers thing. And this was my favorite movie adaptation, I think it was so well done.





4. Captain Wentworth & Anne Eliot from Jane Austen's Persuasion: Just the thought that after all those years apart, the two found each other once again. And Wentworth can write a love letter like nobody's business. He writes a line in his letter to Anne, that is one of my favorite lines in a book ever: You pierce my soul.





5. Aragorn & Arwyn from Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings: Arwyn, being elven, gives up her life with the elves to be with Aragorn. After he passes away, she dies of a broken heart. In the book, Aragorn & Arwyn's romance isn't too intense, but they did play it up for the film versions and it was done well.

I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the Ages of this world alone....I choose a mortal life.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY