Sunday, October 19, 2008

Flashback






I got this idea from tink who posted about the older books in her collection.


Here's a few of my older books, I wish I had saved more of them.

These are all at least 10 years old or older.


Let me start with the oldest ones:

Two are published in 1987, one is published 1981. I got them around 1988 though, so that makes these books about 20 years old!





When I was about 11 or 12 I subscribed myself via snailmail to Especially for Girls Book Club. I happily signed my mothers name and the books began coming in. I couldn't hide them or the bill from my mom! lol After she freaked out, she let me keep the books and paid the bill. I still have a few of the books. These books are soooo 80's. lol.







Some of you may remember 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'. It was such a big thing back in the day. Yes, I got the book...*blush*. It's very corny. I think this is actually the second book to come out. copyrighted 1994.

The inside cover says 'Now You Can Live Happily Ever After'.





Then there's the crowning gems...I like these books and would never get rid of them...Daniel Day Lewis is on the cover of The Last of the Mohicans copyright 1992. I love that film version. I still haven't read this book!




And here's a book that came out when the movie 'Shakespeare In Love' came out. This is a collection of Shakespeare's love poems. publish date: 1998.





The inside is so cute...there's pictures from the film along with the sonnets.





And then there's Whitney Otto's How To Make An American Quilt, publish date is 1992.
Another one I bought when the film came out, this is a great book. I need to re-read it.







How about you, what books do you have that have withstood the test of time?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY