Thursday, October 9, 2008







Booking Through Thursday

What was the last book you bought?


Well, since I'm on a self imposed book ban, I haven't bought a book since early August! I think the last time I went book shopping was online when I bought Scandalous Love by
Brenda Joyce, The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman and Wicked Nights by Nina Bangs.





Name a book you have read MORE than once


Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen





Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?


Yes, it was Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth : Awakening to Your Life's Purpose




How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

I'm a sucker for a nice book cover. But recommendations and reviews also get me to read certain books.





Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

I like both, but fiction better.






What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?


That's a good question. I like to read a novel that has a great plot. I read Gabriel García Márquez Love in the Time of Cholera , and the writing was beautiful, yet the plot grossed me out so I disliked the book.





Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

That's a hard question to answer. I have so many favorites. But I really love
the Harry Potter books and the characters and storyline in those. I also love The plot and characters in Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. As well as the plot and characters in Alice Hoffman's The Ice Queen. And there's Wanda in Stephenie Meyer's The Host. But I could go on and on, I have so many favorites.



Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?



The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter




Trust Me by Brenda Novak






The Countess by Catherine Coulter







What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

I just finished reading The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares. It was great.






Have you ever given up on a book half way in?



Yes, and I hate when that happens.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY