Thursday, October 2, 2008






What, in your opinion, is the best book that you haven’t liked? Mind you, I don’t mean your most-hated book–oh, no. I mean the most accomplished, skilled, well-written, impressive book that you just simply didn’t like.





Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez


I was so excited to read Love in the Time of Cholera, and was sadly dissappointed. This was a story about unrequited love. It is about a man who loves and loses a woman, then goes on to sleep with hundreds of women, including a 13 year old girl, whom he is a guardian to. If that's not bad enough his bowel movements are a big part of his character and as you read, you're getting too much information on that.
I was actually angry while reading this book, and I must admit while the writing was very good and beautiful at times, the storyline and characters were not. This was my first and last time reading Gabriel García Márquez.



-------------------



Okay, don't be angry with me....but Duma Key by Stephen King. There I said it!

I love Uncle Steve, don't get me wrong, but this book was waaaay toooo looooong. It took me nearly a month to finish it, it wasn't scary enough and I kept waiting for the 'good part'. Which sadly, never came. But it was really well written, and I always like the way King 'gets inside your head' as you read one of his books.

'Take it up again. You need hedges...hedges against the night.'-Duma Key, S.K.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY