Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Salon 10.19

The Sunday Salon.com




Happy Sunday Salon everyone. It's getting colder outside, Fall is finally settling in. I love this time of year, it's so pretty.

As far as reading goes, I haven't gotten any reviews in this past week. I've been very busy reading though, 3 books. Here's a bit about each so far:

Immortal Warrior by Lisa Hendrix : This is book 1 in the Immortal Brotherhood series. It's a paranormal romance taking place in Britain 1905. It's good so far, Lady Alaida and Ivar Graycloak being the main characters, have just been married. Lady Alaida has no idea that Ivar is cursed to become an eagle by day.

I have an interview scheduled with author Lisa Hendrix on Monday November 10th. So stay tuned for that as well.

------------------------

The Countess by Catherine Coulter : This is a historical gothic romance, and i'm finding it very mild, but still good.

Twenty something Andrea Jameson marries an older man in his fifties, a widowed earl, and the two agree to a sexless marriage. She meets a handsome man named John at a park one day, and for some reason, never forgets him. Soon after marrying, Andrea's husband introduces her to his nephew and heir...John. The same John that Andrea met at the park....

------------------------

20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill: I've been on a book ban since August, but I broke it last week to purchase this book. I've read Hill's 'Heart Shaped Box' and wanted to grab this book as well. It's good so far, it's a collection of creepy short stories. Some are just plain strange, some are scary. I also mentioned before that Joe Hill is the son of Stephen King. I think the two have similar writing styles.



------------------------

And I baked 2 apple pies this week using the apples we picked last weekend.




That's about it for this Sunday Salon post. Enjoy your weekend. What have you been up to?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY