Wednesday, February 11, 2009




I am happy to say that Stephen Meier, author of KATKA has stopped by my blog today for an interview! I just finished reading and reviewing Stephens novella. Read on for the interview....










Bookworm:Welcome Stephen, and thank you for taking the time to do a blog interview. Please tell us a bit about yourself.




Stephen:
My name is Stephen Ross Meier, I currently reside in Las Vegas, one of the many, many places I have lived worldwide. I'm a huge reader and movie fan, and have always loved writing. After being diagnosed with Heart Disease almost three years ago, and laying there in a hospital bed after having a procedure done, I realized that life is too short and that tomorrow is promised for no one. You have to follow your dreams, especially if it's something you are so passionate about. So I had to publish this story, and I hope to publish many more. I love writing.





Bookworm: I really enjoyed your novella, KATKA. What inspired you to write it? How long did it take you to write this book?


Stephen:
The inspiration came when I was living in Prague, Czech Republic, and happened to come upon a mail order bride conference. I was mesmerized and just stunned how beautiful some of the girls were, and the booming business that it had become and was becoming! I couldn't get it out of my mind, and originally wrote a screenplay for it in a little over three weeks! But then I decided to adapt it to a novella, and that process took about another three months. I've realized that every time you read your own writing you always think that you can tweak this and that...there finally has to be a time that you say to yourself, it's finished, and i'm happy. I'm very happy with it.







Bookworm:In KATKA, the ending is wide open for a sequel. Do you plan on writing one?

Stephen:
Wow, I believe that everyone that has read this has asked me this question! I even have one friend who has some ideas for me! I love it...but i'm not sure. Truthfully, I never thought about it before the first person asked me. I'm happy with the ending, because as you said, it's wide open...the reader can decide!






Bookworm:I liked finding a love story, albeit it a kind of twisted one, inside this gritty book. Katka does a selfless act for Gavin, and he is heartbroken to see her give up so much. It is obvious Katka truly loves him. Do you think love can conquer all and give these two a happy ending some day? Or are these two destined for a life of sadness?

Stephen:
Great question. I would have to say, yes, I believe true love can conquer all, at least I hope that it can. I think that i'm a hopeless romantic.







Bookworm:I think this book would make a great movie. If this was ever to make it to the big screen, what actors would you pick to play Katka and Gavin?

Stephen:
Ah, another popular question! Love it.. Actually, this is a hot topic as I am trying hard to get this made as a movie. Truthfully, I don't have anyone in mind, and would love to see some up and coming actors and actresses, or even complete no names. I think these are unforgettable characters with even more unforgettable images, and would be a great career launching pad. But then perhaps I'm a bit bias! I'm more curious who my readers envision!

Bookworm: I think Natalie Portman could play Katka and Matt Damon would make a great Gavin.






Bookworm: Who are your favorite authors and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Stephen:
Charles Bukowski, and with him, its the simplicity and beauty of his writing. He can take the everyday event, and make you really think and most of the time, laugh about it.
Bret Easton Ellis, and his snappy and witty dialogue. Especially in Glamorama!
Irving Welsh...the absolute craziness and imagery he creates!



Bookworm: What would you like to say to your readers?

Stephen:
That I truly appreciate each and every person taking the time to read my book, as you've fulfilled a lifetime goal of mine, and i'm always more than willing to discuss it with anyone. I am moved by reader's feedback and value it immensely.



Bookworm: Last but not least, if you were stranded on a deserted island, and were allowed to bring three items with you, what would they be?


Stephen:
Three items? First off, my iPod or I should say iPhone. I live for music, and need it! Secondly, a pad of paper, oh and i guess a pen, so that's three! Wow. Good thing that i'm a fan of Man vs. Wild!






Bookworm: Thank you for stopping by my blog for an interview, best of luck!


Stephen:Thank you so much, I really appreciate the time!




---------------------


If you haven't read KATKA yet, I do recommend it. It's an edgy book, with a great plot and memorable characters. You can visit the author's website here: www.stephenrossmeier.com




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY