Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weekly Geeks 2.7



Weekly Geeks



Judge a Book By Its Cover!

This week it's all about judging books by their covers! Pick a book--any book, really--and search out multiple book cover images for that book. They could span a decade or two (or more)...Or they could span several countries. Which cover is your favorite? Which one is your least favorite? Which one best 'captures' what the book is about?



What a fun idea for a post! I searched a few bookcovers for one of my favorites, Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind.







Publisher: Macmillan Publishers 1936 first edition cover of Gone with the Wind

I like this one, but I don't like that the people on the bottom look a bit too cartoony. But I do like the colors.








Publisher: Scribner; 1st Scribner Trade Pbk. Ed edition (July 10, 2007)

I don't like this one much, I'd like it better if Scarlett wasn't on the cover.







Publisher: Pocket (May 20, 2008)


I won a copy of this one online, I think it's very pretty. I like that since it's obviously not Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable on the cover, their faces are not shown. For me, Leigh and Gable are the real Scarlett and Rhett. I don't like seeing other people representing these characters.








Lo que el viento se llevó

Publisher: Ediciones B

Pub. Date: March 2008

GWTW in Spanish! I like this cover and how the title sounds in Spanish. Now I need to buy this for my book collection. I like how the tree in the background is dry and withered, yet you see the two lovers at one corner holding on. I also like how the sky looks. The title Lo que el viento se llevó , literally translates to 'What The Wind Took Away'










Publisher: First Warner Books 1993

This is the copy I have and mine is literally falling apart at the seams. My sister in law gifted this one to me about 12 years ago. I think this is a great cover. For me, this cover represents the book pretty well as far as the romance goes. You see the intensity in thier faces. I also like that this cover is red.






Which of these covers do you like? Dislike?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY