Saturday, February 21, 2009

Coraline the Movie



title: Coraline

released: 6 February 2009

genre: animation/adventure/fantasy

rated: 3 out of 5








Based on Neil Gaiman's book, the movie Coraline, is about a young girl who finds a secret door in her home. Once Coraline opens the door, she finds a passageway into a different version of her own life. But she soon finds out that this new version of her life, with 'new and improved' parents is not all that it seems. Before she knows it, Coraline is fighting to get back home to her real family.





I liked Coraline because of the images and the animation, some scenes were beautiful. However, I took my children with me, and my 8 year old was afraid during some scenes, the ones with the 'Other Mother'. I think it didn't help that we were watching in in 3D, so everything seemed magnified. My husband and my 12 year old son hated it. My husband said it was 'The worst movie i've seen in a long time.'



The movie does stray away from the book, and I feel like I had such high hopes, then I was dissapointed. Turns out I am the only one in my family that liked it at all. I did find it to be too long though. And I like the book much better, you get to really like sweet Coraline when you read the story. During the film, they almost make her seem too grown up. For me, this film wasn't worth going to see it in theaters.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY