Saturday, March 26, 2011

Once Upon a Time V



Due to time constraints, I have not joined any reading challenges this year, other than my own Romance Reading Challenge. However, when Carl's challenges come along, there is no way I can resist.




It's time again for the Once Upon a Time reading challenge.

Five years ago I set out to celebrate my own deep affection for this literature by inviting others to set aside the period of the year that in the Western Hemisphere is known as Spring (March 21st to June 20th) to journey together into the magical lands of fantasy, fairy tales, folklore and mythology.






I'll be doing The Journey.

By signing up for The Journey you are agreeing to read at least one book within one of the four categories during March 21st to June 20th period. Just one book. If you choose to read more, fantastic!


Last year I read The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure for this challenge.



This time around I looked at my bookshelves and found a few books that would fit the challenge nicely. So I really have no excuse not to read, these books are readily available.

I want to read at least one of these books, hopefully two.
Have you read any of these? Which should I put as a priority read?



The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale has been sitting on Mt. TBR for years.






My little brother raves about the The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. He loves this series.





I've been wanting to read Eragon by Christopher Paolini for a while. I love this cover.






And of course, I grabbed American Gods by Neil Gaiman a while ago and it's been collecting dust. I read Coraline and Stardust and enjoyed both.








Short Stories read & reviewed for this challenge:

1. A Door in the Wall by H.G. Wells

2. The Little Mermaid

3. Alices Adventures in Wonderland

4. Through the Looking Glass








0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY