Friday, November 5, 2010




FOR THE FIRST TIME I SAW A PATHETIC, MEEK, APOLOGETIC WEAKLING

The first time I became aware of then Senator Barack Obama was when he delivered the Keynote speech at the Democratic National Convention. My thoughts at that very moment were: “There is a man who is going to be the President of the United States”.

Obama was then inspiring, he was a voice that resonated in all of us; he touched chords in our souls that presaged a musical prelude, a beautiful piece of music that was so inspirational and he carried it off to the campaign during the 2008 run; he gave us HOPE.

I remember how emotional it was both the very moment that he was projected as the winner and also the day of his inauguration…my face had tears running down and I had a lump in my throat.

Last night I also had a lump in my throat; only this time it wasn’t from pride or admiration; it was from sorrow and disappointment. I saw our President a broken man. He was apologetic, meek and conveyed the image of a defeated man; a loser.

I have no doubts in my mind now that President Obama is a good man. He is perhaps too good and if there was ever a question as to him being a Christian last night you got the answer because he was turning the other cheek. I am more of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth kind of guy and I didn’t like what I saw.

The very reasons our President found himself in that spot last night are still not quite understood by him and those around him and it is simply this: Republicans are ruthless, they are capable of lying, cheating, using all the dirty tactics in the Rove book and use it as a weapon to discredit the President and to dehumanize him. They are not fooling around these Republicans, the country may go to hell but they are going to regain power so they can continue to milk our poor and our decimated middle class.

There is no compromise, there is no bipartisan endeavor on the part of the Republicans and there never will be; they understand only one thing: profit and power.

My message to our President is simply this: Get over yourself, gather your wits and come to terms with reality and once and for all draw the line in the sand and tell them they are not going to get their way and that is not negotiable. Go on the offensive constantly, be belligerent, adversarial and be on the attack; ignore their criticism because you will be getting it anyway whether you try to compromise or you fight them.

You still have time Mr. President; not all is lost and it would be a crying shame if the Republicans have their way and get the Senate and the White House in 2012 because it would spell disaster for our nation and an end to democracy as we know it.

SOURCE: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/11/03/president-obama-s-press-conference-lets-find-those-areas-where-we-can-agree?utm_source=110410a&utm_medium=image&utm_campaign=daily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY