Sunday, April 19, 2009


Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon


The 24 Hour Read-A-Thon is over! Wow, it was fun, and I was a rookie, this being my first read-a-thon. Logging on today, I checked the read-a-thon site and saw that they were doing hourly updates. Next time around i'll participate with those, it looked like a fun way to keep track. Today I will be stopping by my blog friends sites and seeing how they all did.


Special thank you to the wonderful people who made the read-a-thon what it is, and kept it going in memory of Dewey.





Thank you all for stopping by, leaving me nice comments and cheering me on. I read as much as I could in 24 hours. I was up from 8am until about 2:45am<- I think lol. Last I remember was looking at the clock and it saying 2:27, I read a few pages after that, then passed out.



In the morning, I read for a few hours straight, no long breaks in between.
Towards the mid-afternoon is when I took longer breaks, which for me was a great way to not get bored with the reading. The weather was gorgeous so we wound up doing some yard work for a bit. Then my hubby b-b-q'd for dinner, so I took about two hours off at that point. I managed to catch up with the reading at night. I literally fell asleep with my booklight and book while reading The Third Summer of the Sisterhood, I got to page 148 then zonked out.




I managed to complete Just Ella.

Total pages read: 366

The books I selected to read were great, since they were young adult and quicker reads.

For me the hardest thing was the tempation to get my butt outside. It was a gorgeous day, the weather was in the high 60's, and I wanted to be out there. So I just wound up reading on my back porch, which I alway enjoy doing once the weather is nice.
In between, I did take breaks to play with the kids. And Diego also enjoyed the beautiful weather.









All in all, I had fun and will do it again!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY