Monday, April 20, 2009

Hunky Heroes

Ms. Moonlight tagged me for a fun meme.

My mission: find my favorite hunky hero and share my thoughts on him.


I have a few fav hunky heroes and it's hard to pick just one. I won't pick Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy like I always do. I'll pick another Jane Austen hero instead....





STATS

name: Captain Frederick Wentworth


book: Persuasion by Jane Austen (read the book online for free here)




reason: Wentworth is quiet, romantic and sweet. And the man can write a love letter like nobody's business. And this is proof yet again, that Jane Austen knew how to write amazing heroes in her novels. Timeless. Wentworth writes Anne Elliot a love letter and in that instant the reader's heart melts. Read an excerpt below. (These two have been reunited after eight years apart)





fav quote:

I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant.


*sigh* that is my favorite love letter in a book, bar none.



film adaptation: the only one i've seen is the BBC's made for tv version, which I really enjoyed and I think was cast perfectly.









What about you? I won't tag anyone, but feel free to play along. Who is your favorite hero?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY