Friday, April 17, 2009

Bookmarks

MariReads had a fun idea for a contest. It's called Show me your Bookmarks.


Being a bookworm, of course I have lots of bookmarks. Funny thing is, I rarely use them! I dog ear my books instead, I know some of you are cringing to read that. It's just that I tend to lose bookmarks when I do use them, so dog-ear marking is the next best thing :) I do use bookmarks from time to time though.



Here's a few of my bookmarks. Some I crocheted, some I bought, others were gifts.
On the far left is a fun beefcake one that Joanne sent my way :) She also made me a pretty purple one, which I totally forgot to include in this pic. But take my word for it, it's very nice. A few of the others I crocheted.






On the far right, there's one with my sons photo on it, which I use proudly :)


Another one I use often has a quote from Eckhart Tolle: If you were far out in space, you would see that the sun neither rises nor sets, but that it shines continuously. I have several of these because whenever FSB sends me a book to review, they include this bookmark.










When it comes to bookmarks, my favorite is one my sister gave me for my birthday one year, along with a gift card to BarnesNNobles. It's a pretty butterfly clip. I like that it's sturdy and colorful. I do use this one more often, I really like the way it looks inside the book. You clip it on the page, and it looks like the butterfly is sitting on the book. And when i'm not using this one, I tend to leave in inside a book on my bookshelf, usually inside my copy of Pride & Prejudice, this way I don't lose it.








Another one I really like is a metal book thong with a dangly angel.





That's about it, do you use bookmarks? Have any favorites?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY