Friday, April 3, 2009


Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

I really wanted to do this last year, but I was scared to try. I figured I wouldn't be able to complete it. But what the heck, i'm going to give it a try this time around.


The next 24-Hour Read-a-thon will start: April 18th at 5am Pacific (1pm GMT).


What is the 24 Hour Read-a-thon?


It’s sort of a reading challenge, only everyone participates at the same time. For 24 hours, we read books, post in our blogs about our reading, and visit other readers’ blogs. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day.



I figured i'd pick light reads, and see how it goes. I've never read for more than maybe 2-3 hours at a time, so this will be a hard challenge for me. But I will try!


The most hardcore among us will stay up the entire 24 hours and do nothing but read and update, even going so far as to skip showering and eat meals while reading.


Sooooo not me. lol. I will be living my life as usual, showers, sleep and meals included...but will be reading a whole lot more during the 24 hours. I'll be posting regular updates here at my blog.



Here's what I will be reading:


1.
Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix




2. Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, Book 3)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY