Thursday, January 15, 2009








Booking Through Thursday: Sing! Sing a Song…



But, enough about books … Other things have words, too, right? Like … songs!

If you’re anything like me, there are songs that you love because of their lyrics; writers you admire because their songs have depth, meaning, or just a sheer playfulness that has nothing to do with the tunes.

So, today’s question?

What songs … either specific songs, or songs in general by a specific group or writer … have words that you love?
Why?
And … do the tunes that go with the fantastic lyrics live up to them?





Oh my gosh, what a great topic. I love music and listen to all kinds. I often listen to music while I work, while I clean the house, while I drive my car....isn't it great when your favorite song plays on the radio? I've posted my favorite songs on my blog before, mostly songs by Coldplay, U2, Maroon5 and Bob Marley.




But I think my favorite band would have to be U2. Their songs hold a special place for me, the lyrics just break my heart sometimes. I love it. Not only is thier music wonderful, but they actively address issues like poverty and injustice. You can see Bono campaigning all around the world, raising money and awareness for so many causes. Now that is awesome, to use thier star power to help so many others.














One of my all time favorite U2 songs is Beautiful Day:




You're on the road

But you've got no destination

You're in the mud

In the maze of her imagination



You love this town

Even if that doesn't ring true

You've been all over

And it's been all over you



It's a beautiful day

Don't let it get away

It's a beautiful day




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY