Wednesday, January 7, 2009


Hello blog readers,
Romance Novelist Debbie Wallace...a.k.a. Tory Richards has stopped by my blog today for a chat! She writes under both names, and has several books published, such as 'It's All In The Jeans', 'Wicked Desire', 'Someone to Love Me' and 'Cupid's Arrow'.






Bookworm:
Welcome Miss Richards. Please tell us a bit about yourself.



Tory Richards:
I'm a voluptuous fifty something grandmother who writes smut. LOL Tasteful smut. It seems I've been writing all my life but I've only been published a few years. My family encouraged me to submit to a publisher after reading one of my stories. The rest is history! I live in Florida with my soul mate and three crazy cats. I like to go on cruises, I collect antiques and art, and my number one priority in life is my family.







Bookworm:
What inspires you to write? When did you start writing?



Tory Richards:

I can remember penning stories with a pencil on notebook paper, then later at thirteen when I received my first typewriter. Manual by the way, electric hadn't been invented yet. Life inspires me.





Bookworm:
What is the hardest part about writing books? How long does it usually take you to finish a book?


Tory Richards:

The hardest part is when I'm hit with writer's block, because I can't make myself write. It doesn't flow if I try. So I have to either move on to a different project or give it a few days. It's hard to say how long it takes me to finish a book because I'm working on more than one at a time.






Bookworm:
Who chooses your spicy book covers?



Tory Richards:

The cover artist hired by my publisher designs my book covers and I'm fortunate to have some who let me give input on what I'd like. Whiskey Creek Press is great to work with.





Bookworm:
Out of all your books, which is your favorite one? Which character is your favorite?



Tory Richards:

I would have to say "IT'S ALL IN THE JEANS" is my favorite so far. Readers can read a hot excerpt on my website at: www.toryrichards.com The story is laced with humor and it's hot! My favorite character to date is Matt Dillon in "WICKED DESIRE". He's a big, sexy alpha male torn between doing what's right and giving into temptation when it comes to the heroine. You see, he's a small town sheriff and she's nothing but trouble:)







Bookworm:
Who are your favorite authors and what is it that really strikes you about their work?


Tory Richards:

Katheleen E. Woodiwiss is my favorite author. I fell in love with her characters in "THE WOLF AND THE DOVE" and "THE FLAME AND THE FLOWER". Reading those books made me feel like I was back in time, living them.







Bookworm:
Are you working on anything right now? If not, do you have plans for any future works?



Tory Richards:

Writing is my passion, I'll write until I die. My third erotic romance with Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, "THE COWBOY WAY", will be released in April. And I'm finishing up a manuscript titled "THE PROMISE" right now. I hope to submit that soon.








Bookworm:
Last but not least, if you were stranded on a deserted island, and were allowed to bring 3 items with you, what would they be?




Tory Richards:

I love this question! Chocolate to feed my hunger, Barnies White Christmas coffee to quench my thirst, and a boat to get off the island:)





Bookworm:

Thank you for stopping by my blog for an interview, best of luck!



Tory Richards:

I thank you for giving me this opportunity, Naida. I had a great time. If you're in the neighborhood on April 22nd I'll be at the RT Convention in Orlando Florida at the book signing event from 4:30-6:30, look me up! It's at the Whydham Resort on International Drive. I've also included some links below that readers can check out if they're interested.

(these are all 18 or older): http://www.toryrichards.com/index.html


http://www.whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com


http://debbiewallace.blogspot.com/

http://www.debbiewallace.homestead.com


http://www.myspace.com/debwallace













Maggie Myers returns home to rebuild her life and to escape her stalking ex-husband. To local small town sheriff Matt Dillon she’s more trouble than he needs. But the lady has enough sass and curves to tempt a saint. Well, he never claimed to be a saint, and Maggie is about to find out she’s been teasing the wrong man.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY