Friday, January 16, 2009



Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn’t hurt the untroubled spirit, either. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman




As I posted before, as part of Dewey’s Books Reading Challenge, there is a mini knitting challenge being held in honor of Dewey's memory:

Now that the holiday season is over, it’s time for new projects! Help celebrate Dewey’s love of books AND of knitting! This is a mini-challenge for those of us that are honoring her memory by reading the books she talked about on her blog, and who also share her love of knitting! How about dedicating at least one of your 2009 knitting (or other handwork!) projects to Dewey’s memory? Perhaps you would like to knit or crochet some things for a local charity? Or if you’ve never learned to knit, maybe it’s time to learn!




So in honor of Dewey's Dewey's Knit- A-Long, I am having a crochet giveaway. Many of you may know already, that I do crochet, often. It's my other passion besides reading. This past Christmas, Serena gifted me a crochet pattern book called 'Seriously Cute Crochet'. It's a fun pattern book, filled with cute patterns for crocheting 'amigurumis' a.k.a. stuffed toys. I've been busy crocheting up a few of these cuties...here they are:







I made 2 bunnies, and a bear, called Valentina.










I also made 'Cafe Con Leche' or 'Coffee with Milk'




A little turtle:




Now as I posted before, I am having a special giveaway.

These two bunnies are being raffled off, and there will be two winners. One bunny per winner :




*This contest is now closed*




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY