Sunday, January 18, 2009



The Sunday Salon.com

Sunday Salon


I've missed posting Sunday Salon. I haven't been doing a SS post these past few weeks because I feel like I have too many posts at my blog per day. And I'd hate to post more than twice daily. So I've been neglecting SS posts, but today i'm making room for it. I'm averaging two posts per day, thats 14 posts a week! I'm at 509 posts already. I like blogging, then checking back the next day, and seeing all the comments. People, nice people, actually read my blog...and comment! Thank you :)


Here's a re-cap of this past week:

I read and reviewed In The Land of Invisible Women: Dr. Qanta Ahmed's moving memoir about how she left the States to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia and finds herself in a land where women are treated as less than men and where she has to make many adjustments in order to live there peacefully....



The Virgin's Lover : This book had me hooked from page one. I found it hard to put down. This is the book I was up late at night reading, gladly losing sleep just to get one more page read. Philippa Gregory writes historical fiction like nobody's business. ...






I posted about My Library Loot, where I found 4 great books to add to my TBR:
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, American Gods by Neil Gaiman and Heartsick by Chelsea Cain.


I'm also having a giveaway as part of Dewey's Knit- A-Long, Click here to Win an Amigurumi Bunny.





I posted about the great books that came in the mail: Giants: The Parallel Lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln by John Stauffer and The Twist by Lee Silver...



Here's what can you expect on my blog this coming week (which means lots more posts :P) :



I've been watching Long Way Round, a documentary television series, DVD set and book documenting the 20,000-mile journey of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman from London to New York on motorcycles. I'll be blogging about it, it was really good.





I'll be reviewing Neil Gaiman's Stardust.
It was fantastic.



Currently reading:


The Twist by Lee Silver





An Inconvenient Marriage by Ruth Ann Nordin




What are you up to? What are you reading? Enjoy your Sunday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY