Friday, January 23, 2009

Long Way Round



title: Long Way Round

genre: documentary

date: from 14 April 2004 to 29 July 2004

Long Way Round is a documentary television series, DVD set and book documenting the 20,000-mile journey of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman from London to New York on motorcycles.


rated: 5 out of 5





A friend of mine lent me her copy of Long Way Round. I had never heard of this documentary before, but as soon as I heard Ewan McGregor was in it, I definitely wanted to watch. He's a great actor playing in Moulin Rouge, Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels, A Life Less Ordinary and Emma to name a few of my favorites.







Anyway, Ewan and his friend Charley, travel from London to New York on motorcycles. They want their trip to be documented, so there is a support crew with them.



They go through twelve countries starting in the UK, then passing through France, Belgium, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, USA and Canada, ending in New York! Wow!!!






I really enjoyed this documentary, it was very entertaining, sweet and funny at times too. They visit so many wonderful places. It brought a tear to my eye when they visited the poor children from Unicef. I liked seeing Ewan and Charley on thier trek and seeing what they have to go through to travel those 20,000 miles. It was such an emotional experience for them, and I was cheering along with the tv when they finally made it to New York. I do recommend watching this documentary, you'll get hooked on it from the first episode.






Ewan McGregor: It's all just about the motorbikes. It always has been, it always will be.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY