Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Ruins the movie



title: The Ruins

genre: horror

Release Date: 4 April 2008

plot: A group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they, along with a fellow tourist embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins.

rated: 4 out of 5








After reading and really enjoying The Ruins, I knew I wanted to see the film version. The movie was good.


My one problem with it was that it felt a bit rushed. I guess because the book is so much more descriptive and when these people start to panic and act desperate, you can see why and you start to panic right along with them. But in the film, it felt like about 20minutes in, they were already taking desperate measures. It kind of didn't make any sense for them to act that way so soon.


But other than that, it was well done and though there were some changes, it stayed pretty true to the book.





The casting was okay, though I did picture these characters totally different in my head, the actors did a good job. There were some gory parts where I had to look away, the same parts that grossed me out in the book. I also wondered how the filmakers were going to get the vines to be scary. In the book these vines are like a character on thier own, they pretty much torture these tourists. In the film, the vines are done pretty well, you get the gist of it....don't touch the vines.....

And the film had a different ending than the book, it was good. If you like horror and are not too squeamish, you'll enjoy this one.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY