Saturday, June 12, 2010



Jill over at Random Ramblings hosts Top Ten Picks. This weeks topic is 'Literary Crushes'. You know, those characters in books that have you swooning as you read. The heroes with the great lines, personalities and looks to boot.


Here are my Top Ten Literary Crushes:



10. John Tyree from Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

John is a reformed bad boy, who joins the army and falls in love one summer with Savannah while he is on military leave. He's sweet, selfless, and gorgeous. What more can you want in a hero? Plus he thinks things like:

And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.








9. The Marquis of Alverstoke in Georgette Heyer's Frederica.

The Marquis is handsome, rich and has a great sense of humor when dealing with his uppity family members. He's a bad boy who doesn't think any female can win his heart, until he meets Frederica.






8. Frederick Wentworth from Jane Austen's Persuasion. Wentworth is a naval officer, he's a gentleman and he can write a love letter like nobody's business. Proof that Jane Austen knew how to write amazing heroes in her novels that stand the test of time.

I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago.








7. The vampire Louis from Anne Rice's Interview With The Vampire. Louis is torn, his vampire nature drives him, but his human side is merciful. He questions himself, God, and is always in search of answers. Louis is a deep character, and it helps alot that Brad Pitt played him in the movie :)

I who am hard and spare and dedicated to a purpose, felt drawn to her irresistably; and, knowing it could only culminate in death, I turned away from her at once, wondering if when she gazed into my eyes she found them dead and soulless.








6. Rhett Butler from Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind.

He's tall, dark and handsome, very charming, smokes cigars, bootlegs and drinks whiskey. He's the perfect bad boy and he's rich to boot. I always liked that Rhett knew how to handle Scarlett, he always tells it like it is, there's no beating around the bush with him. And yet, he's got this sensitive side to him, which is especially evident once his daughter is born and he dotes on her night and day.

"I want to make you faint. I will make you faint. You've had this coming to you for years. None of the fools you've known have kissed you like this-have they? Your precious Charles or Frank or your stupid Ashley..."











5. Mr.Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice.




Darcy is the strong, silent type. When he falls in love with Elizabeth, he makes himself a better man to prove his love and to be deserving of her. Darcy saves her family's reputation and doesn't want to take any credit for it. Once Elizabeth learns to leave her prejudices about him behind, she sees what a great guy he is. Another wonderful hero from Jane Austen.

"If you will thank me," he replied, "let it be for yourself alone. That the wish of giving happiness to you might add force to the other inducements which led me on, I shall not attempt to deny. But your family owe me nothing. Much as I respect them, I believe I thought only of you."








4. Edward Cullen from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight.

Another vampire crush. Yes, I loved Twilight, from start to finish and I will definitely read it again one day. Edward is beautiful, plain and simple.

I’m just going to do what I want now, and let the chips fall where they may.






3. Romeo from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet

I always liked how Romeo falls in love with his Juliet and nothing can keep them apart. It was always so dramatic.

See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!








2. Remus Lupin from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Remus enters the story in book three as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and as soon as he makes his appearance I was curious about his character. We later find out he is a wherewolf, but a good guy all the same. Remus is sweet and shy, and just wants to keep his ailment a secret.



My transformations in those days were — were terrible. It is very painful to turn into a werewolf. I was separated from humans to bite, so I bit and scratched myself instead. The villagers heard the noise and the screaming and thought they were hearing particularly violent spirits.








1. Aragorn a.k.a. Strider from Tolkien's Lord of The Rings.

I had a Strider crush when I read LOTR, and was estatic that Viggo played him in the films. He's gritty, he's brave, loyal and exactly the kind of hero you want to come and save you, if you need saving of course.

"It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek."






Those are my literary crushes, what are yours?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY