Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have always been highly interested in the past, more-so than the present to be honest. One era I've always loved, (I think since reading a book called 'The Lottie Project' by Jacqueline Wilson as a child) is the Victorian Era. There's something about the lifestyle that intrigues me and the fashion was beautiful.
 The era where being a gentleman was most important, how I envy it! It's a rare occasion I come across gentlemen these days! Simple gestures such as letting a girl out first, or opening the door for here, go a long way! Take note lads.
I read a fantastic article on it here, very odd yet interesting! 
One thing I found extremely creepy about this era were the 'Memento Mori', the photographs taken with/ of corpses. Due to people having little money, they got photographs taken of loved ones after they died, to remember them. Extremely weird, read more about it here
I assume you's don't know this about me, but I have a huge interest in architecture. I love looking at buildings and seeing the details put into them. I love Victorian architecture. So eery and haunting looking. The interior in the houses whether rich or poor, was always cluttered. I love that look, I love 'neat messy'. Knowing where everything is, even though in reality the room is in a mess - my bedroom haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY