Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life, I finally, after 5 years got to meet 5 of my heroes! I've listened to Paramore since I was 12, since the very early days when 'Pressure' was played on my Sims game. I have gone to every single Paramore gig in Ireland (RDS '08, o2 '09, Green Day Support - Marley Park '10 and o2 '10). I have constantly tried to meet them, entered competitions etc, but I never got it unfortunately. On Friday I heard that Warner Bros. Ireland, HMV and Paramore teamed up to get fans a chance to meet the band. If you bought a Paramore t-shirt in HMV yesterday morning for €15, you got a meet and greet wristband. The catch was, there was only 300 wristbands!
I queued up early yesterday morning anyways, got my wristband and was practically shaking with excitement all day. When our first group of fans was put into the room in the o2 where we were to meet Paramore, I couldn't hold back the tears. I was so excited. When the band came into the room, we all screamed and were in shock. I got up to the signing table where Paramore were seated, handed Hayley my Paramore sheet to get signed and all I could get out was 'This is the best day of my life'. And I burst into tears, the band must of thought I was a right weirdo haha! It was amazing though, Taylor is even more beautiful in person.
After the signing we were let into the arena itself and the show began. Scuba Dice, an Irish band were up first and played a great set and really got the crowd going. B.O.B was the second support act and blew me away. I was apprehensive at first to what he'd be like, but he was great! He rapped but also sang and played guitar, it was really impressive. When B.O.B and Hayley sang Airplanes, the whole crowd went mental. I recorded 'Airplanes' and also B.O.B's cover of MGMT's 'Kids', so have a listen to the videos underneath!
Airplanes - B.O.B ft. Hayley Williams
Kids (MGMT Cover) - B.O.B
Paramore then came on, the whole crowd practically wailing for them to come on and when they did, it was brilliant! The stage is so amazing, 5 huge screens are placed behind the band, screening each member and also clips for each song. Paramore never fail to please the crowd, their skills and stage presence is so powerful and they are by far one of the best bands to see live. I don't want to give the set away, as I know many of my readers are going to see them but I recorded 'Where The Lines Overlap' acoustic, 'You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man' acoustic cover and Paramore taking a fan up on stage during the Misery Business finale, so check them out underneath!
Where The Lines Overlap (Acoustic) - Paramore
You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man (Acoustic Cover) - Paramore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY