Saturday, June 11, 2011



This week WG's asks:


We all have our favorite bookish quotes. Some well known, and some not so well known. This week for our geeky assignment I thought it would be fun for us to share some of those favorites. It can be just one favorite that you'd like to highlight, or a whole list. It can be quotes from books, or quotes about books and reading.





I thought I'd share a few quotes from some of my favorite books today:





Best Intentions by Emily Listfield

The main character Lisa, a mom in her late thirties, describes motherhood in her eyes:

"You have to get up sweetie," I whisper as I run my fingers under the blanket and tickle her, her body at least nominally still mine. The softness of her neck, her arms makes the walls of my heart constrict. No one really tells you how much it is like falling in love over and over, how physical and encompassing it will be. Or that you will never feel completely safe and relaxed again.







Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti


This book is a quirky, sweet love story about Benny and Desiree.

Love makes others into doves,

gazelles, cats, peacocks-but I,

quivering, wet, and transparent-

am your jellyfish.









Persuasion by Jane Austen

Captain Wentworth's letter to Anne is among my favorites in literature.


I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant....





What about you? What are some of your favorite bookish quotes?

Enjoy your weekend!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY