Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yesterday was such a fabulous day! Not only was it Dublin's Annual Gay Pride Festival, it was also the day of the Benefit event in Brown Thomas, on Grafton Street! I saw the announcement on Facebook a few weeks ago, that Annie and Maggie Ford Danielson (nieces of the co-founders of Benefit) were going to be giving make up lovers a make up lesson and demonstration, to celebrate the launch of the new Cha Cha Tint! Not only were Annie and Maggie going to be there, Kirstie and Aisling McDermott from Beaut.ie were also going to be gracing us with their glamourous presence! 
Benefit's gorgeous make-up, I've always adored their packaging - so chic and girlie!
For a €30 booking fee, it was so worth it! Not only did you get to spend that €30 as a voucher for Benefit products, you also received a goodie bag worth €50, a mini-makeover and also a picture with the lovely Annie and Maggie! How amazing is that?!
Myself, with the beautiful Annie and Maggie Ford Danielson!
I got a fabulous makeover off of one of the Benefit gals, before Annie and Maggie arrived to give the talk. She applied the new POREfessional and Cha Cha Tint on me, both phenomenal products! The POREfessional really did smooth out the skin around my nose and cheeks, it minimised my pores and gave me a beautiful matte effect. I was so excited to try out the new Cha Cha Tint also, and I loved it straight away! A lot of people are concerned about how bright the orange tint is when you see it in the bottle, but as soon as you blend it into the skin it turns into a gorgeous coral colour. Cha Cha Tint suits all skin tones and is an ideal colour choice for Summer. It has a delicious mango scent off of it too, and is really light on the skin. With my €30 voucher, I bought the Cha Cha Tint. It retails for €33.50, which some people may find a bit too expensive, but the bottle you get is huge and you definitely get your moneys worth!
The wonderful Cha Cha Tints!
Meeting Annie and Maggie was such an honour for me. I became obsessed with Benefit products around 3 years ago, when I bought my first Bad Gal eyeliner, I was hooked from there on in! While I worked at KISS magazine for work experience 2 years ago, I remember I had to type up an interview of Annie and Maggie, and I remember thinking to myself "Wow, they sound so interesting!" To meet them yesterday, was so incredible! They were extremely down-to-earth and so friendly, making the effort to talk to everyone. They showed the crowd demonstrations and told us priceless make-up tips! 
Helping out with the demonstrations were Kirstie and Aisling, who added even more fun and knowledge to the event! I was talking to the girls after, and they were so lovely! I recently won a Make Up For Ever make-up course, worth €995 off of Beaut.ie, so I had to thank them a hundred times! 
Aisling from Beaut.ie getting her make-up done by one of the fabulous Ford Danielson sisters!
I bumped into the stunning Sinéad and Dee from Viva Adonis too, and I was delighted to finally meet them! They recently posted an interview with me, which you can check out here! They recorded the whole of Maggie and Annie's make-up demonstration also, which you can watch in the video below (spot me over to the right, in the pink cardigan and blue shorts!)
I left Brown Thomas, feeling overwhelmed with excitement! Not only did I just meet Maggie and Annie, I also had a bag full of goodies to try out and test!
My gorgeous Benefit goodie bag, full of treats and surprises!
I was so delighted with my Cha Cha Tint! I have been looking for the perfect coral blush and lippy for months, and I got a 2for 1 deal with the tint, as you can use for both cheeks and lips! As I previously mentioned, it blends into the skin and people shouldn't be scared to use it just by seeing the bright orange colour! If gives a lovely fresh tint to the skin and it is an overall staple Summer product.
I've been dying to try out Benefit's new skincare range - b.Right! Not only is the packaging so gorgeous and retro, the whole range has been receiving rave reviews globally! In my goodie bag, I received sample sizes of It's Potent! eye cream and also a Triple Performing mosturiser. (the girl at the counter kindly gave me an extra moisturiser, yay!) After only trying out both products once, I am already in love! The eye cream is smoothing for the eye area and it is lightly scented, the moisturiser is also so smoothing on the skin and it comes with an SPF of 15, which is highly important for me! I'll definitely be purchasing these products in the future again!
If that wasn't enough, I also received a gorgeous Ultra Shines lipgloss in the shade 'Who Are You Wearing?' It's a stunning Barbie-pink, suitable for all skin tones and it has a yummy watermelon scent! I love how the applicator is a brush, as the gloss glides on swiftly over the lips.
Last but not least, I received a Tweezerman eyebrow tweezers! As you all know, I'm an eyebrow obsessor! I've always wanted a Tweezerman, but have never gotten around to buying one. These stunning tweezers were specially designed for Benefit, and are so pretty! They're definitely my favourite product that I received, and I cannot wait to try them out!
Overall the event was so fun and meeting Annie and Maggie was so amazing for me! I am so grateful for the goodie bag and I want to give a special thank you to the Beaut.ie girls and also the Benefit workers, who ran the event perfectly and were so kind and helpful!
Picture of moi at the event, taken by the lovely Kirstie McDermott!
What is your favourite Benefit product?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY