Tuesday, August 26, 2008






R.I.P. Challenge III

There is just something about this time of year, when the ghosts of past Autumns and the Autumn to come chase away the dog days of summer, that entices one to read books that fit into the above categories.


It was a desire share the love of eerie, creepy, things-that-go-bump-in-the-night literature that brought me into the online reading challenge game for the first time back in September of 2006. My goals today, in this its third iteration, are no different than the inaugural R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge:

1. Have fun reading.

2. Share that fun with others.



And so, on to the particulars:


R.I.P. III runs from September 1st through October 31st, 2008. But I’m no stickler, start reading now if you feel so inclined.



I choose:


Peril the First:


Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.


here are the subgenre's:

Mystery.

Suspense.

Thriller.

Dark Fantasy.

Gothic.

Horror.

Supernatural.


Last year I had fun with this challenge, that's when I read Anne Rice for the first time, and loved 'Interview With the Vampire' and 'The Vampire Lestat'. I've been waiting for R.I.P. to come around again :)





Here are my picks, I want to read at least 4: (Since I am on a book ban, self-imposed believe it or not...lol!3 of these books I already have in my TBR, the rest I will be borrowing from the library)

1. The Shining by Stephen King

2. Dracula by Bram Stoker

3. Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury

4. 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill



5. Odd Hours
by Dean Koontz






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY