Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Salon 8.24




The Sunday Salon.com


Happy Sunday Salon everyone.


I've been catching up on my reading now that the Olympics are pretty much over.



This past week I read and reviewed:


I Just Want My Kids to Be Happy: As a parent of two, this book was an insightful read. It gives reasons not to spoil your children and the results of what can happen if you do. This book shows how to 'plant the seeds of true happiness' and several ways to help you raise your children to be loving, fulfilled and truly happy people. .....click here for my full review.









Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict: I found this to be a fun, light read. It made me LOL, at work no less, as I was reading certain parts. I really liked how the author refers back to Austen novels, quotes and characters throughout the story. At one point, while riding in the horse & buggy to church with her parents, Courtney...a.k.a... Jane, looks out and sees Pemberley in the distance....
click here for my full review.







Matrimony: This was a wonderful read. It's a book is about marriage, friendship and family. It's also a story about hope. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. It was one of those books I didn't want to put down. I kind of 'lived inside' this book for a few days, and was very taken with the story.
click here for my full review and for info on how to win an autographed copy for yourself.










I also posted about my Gene Kelly obsession :o)
He's awesome to watch, and he's easy on the eyes too. If you're looking for a good old fashioned film to watch, check out one of his movies. You won't be dissapointed.









And I snagged a few ARC's from librarything


Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler













And Paco and the Giant Chile Plant/Paco y la planta de chile gigante by Keith Polette. What a fun book cover and title.









What have you been reading this past week? Enjoy your Sunday.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY