Tuesday, November 2, 2010


AS I OBSERVE ALL THIS HORRIBLE SCENARIOS AND I CAN ONLY FEEL DISAPPOINTMENT AND FOREBODDING.

At the ripe age of 65 my own mortality becomes more ominous. All the things I used to hope for, dream about and expect did not materialize. Realistically speaking I have but 5, 10 maybe 15 more years to live and every new development, every event brings disappointment and frustration.

Gone are my expectations of “LEAVING THIS WORLD A LITTLE BETTER THAN I FOUND IT” which has been my mantra throughout my life. I have come to the sad realization that instead I am leaving my children and grandchildren a place I wouldn’t want to live in myself.

Instead of making progress the great country that I adopted as my own seems to get more retrograde by the day. Instead of that egalitarian nation of opportunity and fairness I observe how it has turned into a nation of haves and have nots.

I have seen how instead of more enlightened and intelligent individuals America has opened wide open the doors to Fundamentalist-Evangelicals that when, not if, given the chance will turn our country into a theocracy. It wasn’t good enough that they could come to my door on a regular basis, twice, thrice a week to peddle their ignorance and superstition. Emboldened and empowered by a greedy political agenda the Fundamentalists and Evangelicals want power and are obtaining it.

The very concept of DEMOCRACY is in peril if not altogether disappearing as the decimated middle class no longer has an effective voice in its own governance. The super rich and the corporations have made sure that is not going to happen.

it's already clear that this week's election is profoundly important. The forces of small-"d" democracy are up against a cabal of ultra-powerful financiers who, in an unending quest for greater wealth and power, have drawn upon the ugliest impulses and most corrupt political forces in our society.

What my legacy and that of my contemporaries will be is a divided society; a racist, xenophobic and homophobic society. It is no longer a country that admires intellectual accomplishments, scientific pursuits and values meritocracy. It is an America of WASPHs that will not bulge one inch to allow for the country to go forward with progress and embracing diversity.

I have resigned myself to leaving my children and grandchildren a country that is in the hands of an oligarchy of super rich and corporations and in the control of a political party that is inherently evil because of its askew ideology that places more importance on greed and profits than it does human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY