Thursday, December 18, 2008



Booking Through Thursday asks:

Do you give books as gifts?


To everyone? Or only to select people?


How do you feel about receiving books as gifts?





Yes, I do give books as gifts! It's always fun finding that perfect book for someone.
I tend to give books as gifts for a few friends and family members who I know love to read. Which, is not many, sadly. But I do like getting books for the readers.

And I like to get my kids books as gifts too.

This year 'Santa' got them:

For my son (12) who loves anything ghost/ufo related:




Pull up a chair or gather round the campfire and get ready for thirty creepy tales of ghostly hauntings, eerie happenings, and other strange occurrences from times past. Set deep in the Pinelands and Ramapo Mountains, along the Atlantic coast, and in historic towns like Burlington and Springfield, the stories in this entertaining and compelling collection will have you looking over your shoulder again and again.

New Jersey folklore traditions are kept alive in these expert retellings by master storyteller S. E. Schlosser and in artist Paul Hoffman's evocative illustrations. You'll meet ghosts and witches, hear things that go bump in the night, and feel an icy wind on the back of your neck on a warm summer evening.





For my daughter (8) who likes reading chapter books like Junie B. Jones.



Sassy British girl Clarice Bean loves the Ruby Redfort mystery series. She tells us about the mysteries in her own life: What is Grandpa hiding? Where has her best friend, Betty Moody, gone? Why is her normally smelly and unfriendly brother out of his room and smelling like soap? One by one, Clarice tries to solve these puzzles.







I love getting books as gifts as well. I've gotten a few wonderful books as gifts in the past.


I'm pretty sure everyone who reads my blog LOVES getting and giving books as gifts too...lol.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY