Sunday, December 21, 2008



My Year of Reading Dangerously Challenge:

Your job: Read 12 books you deem "dangerous." between January 1st and December 31st 2009. They may be banned or challenged books, new-to-you genres, books that seem to inhabit a permanent space on your stacks, or authors you're afraid of. The possibilities are endless! If it's dangerous to you, it's challenge-worthy to us!



Here's my list of Dangerous reads and why:

1. Gone With the Wind: I've been wanting to re-read it, and its dangerously long and dramatic.

2. Tao Te Ching: This is a totally different read from what I would normally pick up.

3. Bridget Jones Diary: Another re-read, loved the film and want to re-visit the book.

4. Sense and Sensibility: I started this one a while ago, then never finished it. It's time to read it.


5. The Other Boleyn Girl : A Chunkster at over 600 pages, it's about time I read it.

6. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale: I bought this one because so many of my blog friends recommended it, then I just wound up adding it in my TBR mountain, shame on me.

7. Cold Mountain: Another film I love, went and bought the book, then just ignored it.

8. The Virgin's Lover : Every time I join a challenge I add this one in there, it's time to read it. I loved The Constant Princess.

9. Northanger Abbey: I'm a big Austen fan and have never read this one. It's been sitting on my shelf for some time now.


10. Just Ella : I've wanted to read this one for years. I just got it as a gift, and must make time to read it.

11. A Science Fiction book: I don't know which one yet, but I always neglect this genre: The War of the Worlds by HG Wells

12. A non-fiction book: Another genre I tend to neglect, but enjoy very much: In The Land of Invisible Women and The Obama Revolution




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY