Monday, December 8, 2008

Three Years Gone

Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes
Rivers always reach the sea

It was three years ago today that I began my At Home days here in Hespeler. The first year was a remarkable success, one in which the blog grew, and it got updated daily. On the one year Blogiversary, I hit a snag. Blogger started messing with my head and it would be February again before I was back in real business. I never recovered.

None the less, today is a celebration, At 9:09 PM on Dec 8, 2005 I first noted:

Welcome to At Home in Hespeler, my little Blog Spot. Here I will focus on Politics, with drifts into music and movies. The political focus will be Canadian, with a definite Conservative slant.

I think, if nothing else, I have stayed fairly loyal to that original manifesto, Politics, with drifts into music and movies.

On December 8, 2005 we were in the middle of a federal election campaign that would mark the last days of the Paul Martin government. Stephen Harper would be Prime Minister within six weeks.

I would post the first picture of the day three days later, on Dec 11.
Picture of the day has continued since, although lately a Mozilla/blogger problem has kept me from posting pictures, it will continue to be a feature for as long as I have this place. The last one was a picture of the statue of "Sir" Duke Ellington, which sits on the North East corner of New York's Central Park. The next day, I posted this:

The upper East Side at Sunrise.

Otherwise, I've had fun, I've written some serious stuff, published a cartoon and done a thing or two with the stink of prescience.

And funnily enough, the Liberals had a leadership race. Gee, I hope they have another one soon.

In the first year I began my Sunday morning music musings, and Saturday Fluffernutter, both regular features still (in fact, I decided on fluffernutter pie for my Blogiversary cake). And frankly, I've had the Zeppelinist blog in the conservative blogosphere.

Most importantly, have been the people. There's so many good people out there, including a few to thank: Richard, who got me started; Joanne, the first person to recognize me, back when she was just a small blog starting out herself; Paul, who one day saved this blog; Gerry, who's just such a nice guy, and says such nice things; and Ron, (below right, with Dylan) who posted here for a while and helped me keep on top of events.


And to anybody who has read, bookmarked, linked or otherwise visited here. Thank you for you patronage. I have often felt honoured that people are interested in what I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY