Wednesday, December 10, 2008

As noted Monday, At Home in Hespeler celebrated it's three year blogiversary this week. On day three of the blog, I posted my first picture of the day. It has proven to be a popular feature, so much so that I sometimes feel guilty posting them - I feel like I'm padding my numbers. That's especially true if I haven't been posting much, then a picture that gets 200 hits feels like cheating.

Nonetheless, I posted that first one, when nobody was paying any attention, because I like taking pictures, and part of what I decided to do when I started this blog was share some of those pictures. So guilt or no, Picture of the Day stays.

The format of Picture of the Day hasn't changed since that first one, with one small exception. Somewhere along the line I replaced a dash between the words "Picture of the Day" and the title of the picture, with a colon. Otherwise it's a title, and a picture, centred. You can always click on the picture for a larger image, but I have never figured out how to increase the picture within blogger without distorting it.

There are no categories for the pictures, but there probably could be. Travel has been a favourite theme. I have travelled more than ever before in the past three years, and there's been no shortage of pictures. New York has been a favourite destination, but there's also been Washington, London * and Paris.


And while we're travelling, sometimes there is just nice scenic shots. Whether it's somewhere on the drive between a guitar festival in Upstate New York and Times Square, or somewhere on the bike ride between Hespeler and Parry Sound, in town, or down river (or is that up river? I'll have to ask Stockwell).

Just down the tracks or in my own backyard.

And sometimes the nature shots are less scenic, but more flighty.



Sometimes the pictures have a patriotic bent.


Sometimes they're just for fun.

Some pictures are athletic, some are more serene and some are a little of both.

Two favouriote themes have been Christmas (or Festivus) and pets * * * *

And every December I get to combine the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY