Friday, December 12, 2008

Much like winning an Oscar or a Cy Young Award, to be considered for a Senate seat a person usually has to wage an internal campaign for their red velvet chair. With that in mind:

why should I be a senator?
Let me count the ways...

I have a degree in economics.

I earned my degree while working full-time, shift work. Over much of the time I was doing my university work, I was working 48 hours a week and had two infants/toddlers at home. I understand the struggle people have to get ahead and I'm not afraid of work.

On the other hand, if you think that makes me overqualified for Senate work, I'm a lazy autoworker.

I could play guitar, acoustic or electric, lead or rhythm, bass and/or mandolin in the Senate band.

The blogging community is under-represented in the Senate.

The government is about to hand billions of dollars to the auto industry, shouldn't there be someone in some capacity within government who's actually been on the floor of an auto assembly plant?

I can multi-task (see above)

The Senate is a chamber of sober second thought; upon sobering up I often have second thoughts.

I'm computer literate (everybody puts this on their resume).

It would drive Buzz Hargrove nuts seeing a CAW member not named Buzz get the job.

***************
Update: Phantom Observer makes a point: excluding grammar (and speeling),  I have written nothing on this blog that is indefensible.  

Welcome to the race Chucker Canuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY