Saturday, November 15, 2008


title: Escape

author: Rye James

published: 2008

genre: suspense


Ray Spencer is an honest man trying to do the right thing. After uncovering information that would lead to a scandal a contract is placed on his head. He is then framed for a murder he did not commit forcing him to go on the run. A hitman and the FBI both desperately want him. At every turn there could be someone waiting for him. There's only one thing he can do--escape.







Author Rye James has graciously taken time out of his busy schedule to stop by my blog. After reading his interview, there's information on how you can sign up to win an autographed copy of Rye's book 'Escape'.



------------------------------



Bookworm: Welcome Rye, and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to grant me a blog interview. Please tell us about about yourself.




Rye:
Well, I'm married, have an almost 3yr old daughter and a son that was born 2 weeks ago. I'm an animal lover. I have 3 dogs(2 Labs and a Boxer) and I like to ride horses. I'm an advocate of animal rights as well as protection of wildlife. I also support and help as many other charity organizations as I can. I began my writing career writing sports articles for various websites before making the jump to books.





Bookworm: What inspires you to write?
Rye: I get ideas and then I just have to get them out of my head. So I feel like I have to keep writing to get everything out and on paper, or on screen as the case may be. I have ideas or storylines for another 10-15 books right now so I'll be inspired for at least the next 5 years or so.






Bookworm: Which of your own characters is your favorite? Which book are you most proud of?

Rye: Well, my favorite book of the 3 I've written, including Bounty Hunter, which is being released in a few months would probably be The Assassin. It was my first one, it was a Western which I really wanted to do, and I've gotten a lot of good feedback on it so I think no matter how many books I write that'll probably always be at the top for me. As far as characters I'd go back to The Assassin again with Matt Beck, who is the title character of the story. He's a determined guy who won't let anything stop him from doing what he's there to do. I also really like the head FBI agent in Escape, Bill Collins. He's an intense guy, but no so intense that he can't crack a joke at a time you wouldn't expect.





Bookworm: Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Rye: Just that I thank everyone who has supported me. It really means a lot to read some of the e-mails I've gotten telling me how they're trying to help spread the word about my books and supporting what I do with some of the proceeds going to charities, and in some cases reading some really sad stories, but I just really appreciate all the support.





Bookworm: Who are your favorite authors and what is it that really strikes you about their work?


Rye: I'm a really big fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle with his Sherlock Holmes stories. I just like everything about it from the settings, the dialogue, I can really envision the story as I read it. And since I write Westerns I'd say Louis L'Amour. While I don't think he was the greatest writer he knew how to tell a story and really get you into it. That's the goal I try to set. While I may not be the greatest writer, if you're reading something I've written and you're entertained and involved in the story, then I've accomplished my goal.





Bookworm: Do you have any advice for other writers?


Rye: I'm not sure I'm really qualified to offer any advice, but if I was, I'd say don't take no for an answer and don't let the negative stuff get you down. Unless you're Stephen King, you're gonna get rejected more times than you can count, and not everyone is gonna be a fan of what you write. If you believe in your work, then just keep on plugging along.





Bookworm: Last but not least, if you were stranded on a deserted island, and were allowed to bring 3 items with you, what would they be?

Rye: Probably a laptop so I could listen to music and read e-books, tools for whatever situation I might come across, and a horse so I wouldn't have to walk everywhere.




Bookworm: Thank you again Rye, it has been a pleasure!



------------------------------







Rye James is kindly giving away an autographed copy of his novel Escape to one of my lucky blog readers!
I will randomly draw a name an announce the winner on Sunday, November 30th.

This drawing is open to readers worldwide.

To enter to win:

* Leave a comment on this post, please include your email address.

* For a better chance of winning, blog about this contest, and send me the link. I will enter your name in the drawing an extra time.

Good luck!






visit the author's website:
http://www.ryejamesonline.com/

visit his blog: http://www.ryejames.blogspot.com/







0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY