Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Sunday Salon.com

It's Sunday Salon time again. I hope everyone is enjoying thier weekend. There's virtual hot chocolate for my readers today :) This is a long post!





This has been a busy reading week for me, and my blog shows it.

I read & reviewed:

Grit for the Oyster: 250 Pearls of Wisdom for Aspiring Writers : Grit for the Oyster is a self help book for aspiring writers. When I first began reading this one, I was kind of skeptical. I don't usually read self-help books. So I kind of wondered if I would enjoy it, if this book would be interesting and if it would hold my attention. And the answer to that is 'Yes'. This is a great little book. It made me smile, and it also made me ponder a few things....
click here for my full review...





*giveaway*
Romeo Romeo: I found this to be a funny and romantic read. If you're looking for a fun, light read, pick this one up! I was hooked from page one. click here for more and to find out how you can win my copy of this book...





Kosher by Design Lightens Up: A wonderful cookbook with some great healthy recipes. The recipes are easy to follow and each has a beautiful photo to go along with it....
click here for more...




I also wanted to spotlight these book journals from Rachelle Knight over @ Bibliopages.





Read, Remember, Recommend; A Reading Journal for Book Lovers & A Reading List Journal for Teens

These journals make a great Holiday gift for any book lover on your list! They are the perfect size as well, about the size of a planner. This is a great way to keep track of your books and to find new books to read....click here for my review... and make sure to stop by bibliopages and get a better look at these fun journals !






I also posted about the Crisis in Darfur : Genocide is occurring in Darfur. Every day the people who live there are being murdered, raped and tortured by Janjaweed militia, these are fighters backed up by the Sudanese government. Since 2003 when this began, 400,000 people have died. 5,000 people are dying per month... that is unheard of!
click here for my post and some interesting links.



I reviewed the film Bride & Prejudice: This contemporary re-telling of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice is a musical with an Indian twist. I really enjoyed this film, some of it was corny, but all in all it was a cute movie. I think most Jane Austen fans will like it....click here for more...



Whew! Thanks for staying after that long post...enjoy your Sunday. What have you been up to?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY