Monday, November 24, 2008



Musing Mondays:

How do you feel about wide-spread reading phenomenons - Harry Potter, for instance, or the more current Twilight Saga? Are these books so widely read for a reason, or merely fads or crazes? Do you feel compelled to read - or NOT to read - these books because everyone else is?




This is the perfect topic for today. When the Twilight books came out, I read them and waited patiently each time for the next book to come out. I knew how great the first book, Twilight was, and enjoyed the series very much.
I recommended them to my co-workers. But out of the entire office, only 1 other person read them. My other co-workers said it didn't sound like something they'd enjoy.

So getting to my point, now that the Twilight film has come out, 4 of my female co-workers ran out to get the book. What happened? They are reading it now and love it soooo much. Two of them have watched the film already and now are reading Twilight.


I definitely feel like it is a craze. People want to read the book because they see how popular the film is. Today actually, my co-workers have been talking about Twilight for a good part of the day. If the movie had not come out, they would not have read this book. I know they will continue to talk about this book until they tire themselves out....lol. It's fun though, and I don't blame them for jumping in on the craze. I haven't seen the film yet, but will soon.

As for myself, when a book I haven't read is being made into a movie, I do usually want to read it before I watch the film. It's always a good thing when movies make people want to read books.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY