Tuesday, August 30, 2011





Serena & Anna are hosting the Stephen King’s IT Read-a-Long.

The read-a-long will run from August through December, and we’ll be reading one part per month, plus the immediate interlude following each part.



In addition to participating in the read-a-long, I will be reviewing the book when I'm finished reading.



Here are my answers to their questions for the first discussion: The Shadow Before and Derry: The First Interlude.




1. Is this your first time reading Stephen King? If so, what have you enjoyed about the reading so far? How’s the writing? If this is not your first time, what’s brought you back to reading Stephen King?

Stephen King is a favorite author and I have read several of his books. I tend to collect them as well and have had IT sitting on my bookshelf for years unread.
When the Stephen King’s IT Read-a-Long came along, it was that little push I needed. This read-a-long plus with the Fall weather rolling in, has been perfect timing for me to pick IT up.





2. What are your first impressions of the characters you’ve been introduced to so far?

King has a way with making his characters seem like real people. He makes you as the reader be able to connect with the people in his stories. IT has been no different.
I like Bill Denbrough and was shocked at what happened in the first few pages when he was young. I also like the rest of the 'crew' so far. I feel bad for these children, they are all misfits in some way or another.

I also like poor Eddie Kaspbrak. I could just imagine him wheezing away, thinking he is very sickly all because his mother instilled that fear into him.

I really do like all the characters. King had me biting my nails during the scene where Beverly tells her husband she needs to go back to Derry. What ensues after that is classic King.








3. Pennywise the Clown lives in dark places like the sewer, do you think he’s real? Scary?

Yes, he is real. Scary? Of course!
Pennywise the Clown represents the pure evil that is in the world.
I found this clown scary from the start and actually had to force myself not to think of him when I went to my basement to do laundry after reading or when I laid down at night to sleep. The way he just seems to materialize and lure children in with those balloons....yikes!!






4. How do you feel about the use of an Interlude between the parts? what purpose do you think it serves?

I like the interludes. So far there has just been the one, but it did give more background to the story and the characters. I like this extra glimpse into the storyline.





Thank you to Serena and Anna for hosting this read-a-long. These were some great questions!







This has been a part of Stephen King’s IT Read-a-Long





*This is a scheduled post. I am still on forced hiatus from blogging due to a power outage after Hurricane Irene. See my previous post for details. I will respond to any comments and return blog visits when I can.*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY