Monday, July 25, 2011

Looking for an affordable, yet highly effective skincare range? Well, Essence 'My Skin' is perfect for you! (I totally sounded like a car sales rep there, oh well..)
When I received my Essence newsletter a few months back, announcing the skincare line launch, I was so excited! I'm a huge fan of Essence cosmetics as you know, so I had high hopes for this range.
After a good few months of using the products, trying and testing each one, they all lived up to those high expectations.
Not only is the packaging for the range absolutely adorable and girlie, but everything is under €4! I know some of you may be apprehensive about using a cheap skincare brand, worrying about skin reactions and the likes, but the My Skin range was specially designed for young, hormone-prone skin.
There is a selection of products to choose from including fash washes, face wipes, moisturisers and masks! Each product is designed especially for a certain skin type, and some are even suitable for all skin types! So there's something for everyone..
 I'm quite lazy when it comes to removing my makeup, I find nothing more tedious in life. After a long day, the last thing I want to do is go through a 10 minute makeup removal routine.. so I always opt for my face wipes! These 'Refreshing Face Wipes' are perfect for perking you up and have a fabulous fresh scent to them. They're so gentle on the skin and they remove all traces of makeup - including waterproof mascara! As always though, use a few wipes when removing makeup.
 My favourite product out of the bunch is the 'Refreshing Toner'. It comes in a large 200ml bottle and it is a Summer must-have! The scent is gorgeous and fruity, and it cools your face down within seconds. It's an absolute God-send, and I know I'll continue to purchase this.
 As I've mentioned, I'm lazy when it comes to removing makeup, but when I do feel like putting in the effort - I use this little gem! This 'Soft Cleansing Gel', shares the same fresh scent as the wipes and is perfect for waking you up in the morning. As it's a gel, it's ideal for oily/combination skin types.
 I'm still sitting on the fence with this final product to be quite honest. The 'Mattifying Cream' moisturiser does what it says on the tin, most definitely. It mattifies your skin so much though, that it sometimes feels like your wearing a tight face mask or that the moisture has been completely drained from your face. I usually use this under makeup, if I'm going out for the night to prevent an oily T-Zone, but I wouldn't use it daily. It has the same fruity scent as the toner and the cream is a soft pink colour.
Overall, I think the skincare range is fantastic! If you were to buy 3/4 items, they would only set you back a tenner. Most of the products are fantastic and I'd highly recommend them to any teenager looking for a cheap and fun skincare range!
I bought my 'My Skin' products in a pharmacy in Stillorgan, but they're also sold in most Penneys stores in Dublin and a handful of pharmacies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY